We love Penguins in our house and to celebrate “Penguin Awareness Day” on the 20th January, we have been indulging in lots of Penguin shaped arts and crafts activities this week.
Bella created a super cute Potato Print Penguin, which you can see over at “Visit from theStork”.
We have also had fun cutting and sticking to make a Penguin Shape Collage, to turn into a Valentine’s Card for daddy.
Bella is really enjoying cutting and sticking activities at the moment and as we are carrying on with reinforcing the different shapes with her as well, this was a perfect project combining the two activities. She had fun going mad with a glue stick and she got to do a spot of learning along the way as well.
How to make a Penguin Shape Collage Picture
- 1 A4 sheet of blue paper
- 1 black oval
- 2 black triangles
- 3 orange triangles
- 1 white heart
- 2 googly eyes
- 2 white squares
- 2 white rectangles
- Start by gluing the black oval into the centre of the blue sheet of paper.
- Add on one black triangle either side of the body to create the Penguins wings.
- Glue on the white heart into the centre of the body.
- Stick 2 of the orange triangles along the bottom of the oval shape to create the feet.
- Add on the googly eyes.
- Glue on the final orange triangle to make the Penguins beak.
- Take the white squares and triangles and glue these around the Penguin to create a snowy, icy landscape around him.